heater exploding

K R Brown

As long as the heater is isolated from the supply (ie unplugged) then the water will be safe to unplug and wont have changed at all, its quite scary when they go, ive had one go and the before but I think I had cracked it by accident and water got in causing it to explode..

ryanjury wrote:

As long as the heater is isolated from the supply (ie unplugged) then the water will be safe to unplug and wont have changed at all

I'm confused, are you saying the water in the tank does or does not need to be changed??? :oops: :oops:

Caper

I think Ryan was saying that the water chemistry probably won't have changed so it is safe for you to continue with your regular water maintenance schedule, rather than any major emergency changes, once the faulty heater and any debris from its explosive episode is removed.

Make sure the faulty heater is unplugged from the mains before dipping your hand in the water.

eheim are probably the best heaters i had a 100w ehiem for about 5 years no problems id have to say go with eheim or one of those titanium ones they look cool, i also had one explode about a month ago and it was brand new too(not going to name any brands but was a cheapish one),