New tank - finally...

Scuba Sam

After much procrastinating, I finally got around to setting up my new four foot tank, with a little help from a friend.

I bought this tank last year to give more room to my severum. And coz I thought it would look better than my current "best" tank.

Here's the progress so far...

here-vp306637.html#306637

Georgeous is my main helper - the cave section was made by him!! We had lots of fun, and I dropped him home after bedtime. Plus he is way taller than me - check out the photo of me standing on a plastic chair (which proved to be a poor choice as I ended up crashing to the floor, injuring my assistant in the process...

I was about to ask what part was injured :lol:

Choose the bottom option under the pic in Photobucket labelled IMG Code. Copy and paste it into your post.

Make sure your pics are max 640 x 480 and whatever the max kb size is (would have to check what it is)

We got the idea for the coloured gravel from a clever person on this forum. I used Daltons Aquatic mix for the base layer, then Dalton's propogating sand, followed off by the two colours of stones. We had great debate about the patterns of the sand - I turned down the idea of zebra stripes. We settled on the shark fin pattern. I didn't want too much white coz of my school of 11 albino cories.

DSC04870.jpg

DSC04875.jpg

The rock cave structure was a team effort - George did the actual work sorting out the order of the stones on the kitchen bench (I don't actually use my kitchen for food, just for fish stuff).

DSC04874.jpg