just caught some bullys

slevin12

like 10min ago went down to river and caught 7 bullys, well i think they are looking at photos ect, what do i do now i want to keep them in a tank, or the pond???

You need to keep an eye out for whitespot on them, thats been my main problem with them in my tank

If in a tank try and keep the temp down.

Food wise- Bugs and blood worm is what i use. I have white worms coming soon

Cycled the tank yet? (If thats what your using)

It is great to see more and more people getting interested in native fish!

Bullies are great fish, they can be real characters and are really active. They may not be too visible in a pond, often they hide (though commons are often seen in the open during the day) and they are bottom dwelling. What is the bottom of your pond like? Typical pond sludge would be entirely unsuitable for bullies. They like rocks to perch on and caves to hide in (even if they don't use them much).

They can be territorial (sometimes insanely so, my redfin has 3/4 of the tank for him, the other seven fish largely live in the other 1/4... I am getting him a new home) but usually it is not much of an issue.

HaNs is right to watch for whitespot/ich. I find bullies tend to settle easily, and start feeding within hours, but native fish seem very susceptible to ich when stressed.