What cichlids to get?

SparkyNat

lol I can suggest hundreds :)

Have a look through my photo bucket I have a fully stocked 5ft tank with peacocks and haps and stuff like that in there also a few pics of peacocks that might give you some direction..

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f183/ryanjury/

Sounds like your other tank is a interesting mix does it work? Do you have mainly mbuna in that one?

With your new tank did you want to breed and have babies to sell out of it as that limits your choices with peacocks, im mixing them in my tanks but only species I can tell females apart and no holding peacock females are stripped out of my tank they are separated and bred in species tanks..

So I have to start this with " I dont have as much experience as some..."

But here goes...lol

I would suggest that you pick a type ..Ie Tang mumba etc.

Then (or first) work out if you want a display type tank ie you could just put a few males together or a spieces tank with a couple of incompatable (breeding wise) spieces in it.

Once you have done that you can work out what fish are available...have looked around Dunners a few times and Invercargill and woudl highly suggest a few people on here to get fish from or a trip up to ChCh.

You could also ask the local stores to look at teh "fish list" and see if they will order in for you.

I would be happy to bring fish down for you as well as I travel your way often.

HTH

Navarre