tadpoles

subzer0

my son has caught tadpoles . i have put them into one of our ponds. have fed some fish food. have some weed in pond not much and have covered half pond out of sun.

what do they eat or will some weed and some fish food be enough.

also adding fresh water to pond daily via sprinkler.

any thing else i need to know?

• 4 weeks later...
:D I currently have 5 taddpoles inside they are feed on goldfish flakes.Tadpoles also like to graze on algae & plant leaves you can also give zucchini in small pieces, half a ripe tomato goes down very well to but be careful as it will foul the water quickly :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:D I've got 2 year old frogs plus 5 tadpoles lettuce is good I forgot about lettuce, one thing with feeding lettuce is to never give them iceberg lettuce thats the lettuce you can buy already packed there is something they use when growing/cleaning the lettuce that is poisioness to tadpoles :bow: :bounce: :bounce: :oops: :bounce:

hi guys i will test the chocolate theory............

we have been out kinda cleaning with a hose around the pond and we have two frogs at the moment and lots of tadpoles with both sets of legs but still tails.....

how excititng......

plus the lillis are growing fast

my son is very excited. frogs are coming out and climbing up the tussics.... they tiny little things