Albino bristlenose pleco or normal pleco?

IOU1

Hi :) ,

I hope this link is allowed as it has the best photo of a pleco I have bought off trademe (much more yellow in person than the photo shows). I was wondering if this is some sort of long finned albino bristlenose or a standard albino pleco? Its larger than a large albino bristlenose male I have just bought but looks somewhat similar, but seems to have longer fins. If it helps, it was purchased from Jansens about 2-3 years ago. Does anyone have any idea whether it is a pleco or bristlenose? I think it must be a albino bristlenose as I researched albino plecos and they don't look much like this, are more brown in colour and have a distinctive head shape, but again she doesn't look much like a standard albino BN either :-?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 593281.htm

Sorry if this does sound dumb :oops: , its probably obvious what it is but the thing that gets me is how big it is compared to a large albino BN male and how the tail, dorsal fins etc seem to be longer than any female albino BN I have ever seen... I think once this is answered it will put an end to all the dumb questions I have been asking :lol: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Thanks kenneth, looks like she can join my large community tank then :D (Actually i'm quite lucky because there are currently adult female albino BN's at my LFS so I can buy one of these to partner up with the male I got from you :D )

Thanks for the input, looks like an albino pleco then :D

Hmmm maybe i'll be selling it then :o Looking at it front on it looks like those long finned bristlenoses that have been currently for sale on tm. It is 2-3 years old and is only about 14cm so might not have grown enough to be a pleco??? Thanks for the link, you are right, it does look similar, will check out the number of rays 8)

I dont think the Albino ones grow as big or fast as the normal ones. Also if they have been kept in a normal community tank they dont usually get enough food to grow at their max rate. I was given a normal Gibby thats at least 4 years old and was only 15cm. That was 6 months ago though, and it's 20cm now so it's still growing.

Cheers

Ian