Cory eggs Help!!!

oeminx

i have just noticed cory eggs in my community tank today and i dont what to just leave them there to get eatin by my other fish, i read that they can be scraped off with a razor blade so thats half my problem solved. now where to put them, i have a small tank which i have tropical guppie fry in that are 1&1/2 week old however this tank has no heater.

so my question is should the cory eggs servive in this cooler water with baby guppies as tank mates?

ps they are bronze cory eggs

If left in a community tank,the eggs will be eaten,if any survive,the fry will certainly be eaten.In my experience,guupys prefer harder water than corys,and dont survive long in any of my tanks that contain bogwood.However,as in most aspects of fish keeping,nothing is set in stone,what works for some,dosnt for others.

I think a problem you may encounter is fungus.I use Indian Almond leaves/Katappa/Terminalia catappa leaves in with my eggs to combat the fungus.Meth blue is used by a lot of people,but can be very strong and likely to kill off your filter,I would only use a half dose,and be careful.Also alder cones can be used as a more natural anti-fungal treatment.

Have a look at this,its an article about the latest corys I've spawned,but will apply to most corys.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworl ... cle_id=237

What corys are they?Different species require different temps.

Thank you for the help

They are Bronze cory eggs and they came at abit of a surprize so i was not perpeard so what i did was:

I went out to find a pet store that was still open and got a breeing float and ive put the eggs in there.

I have seen some white eggs and i have read that i should take them out, but how long after the eggs are lay should i be able to tell if they are going white?

• 4 weeks later...