Sick geophagus.....posted here as well!

ChrisMack

Hi all,

I have concerns about my Geophagus Satanoperca (EarthEater) and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on a posible remedy.....

Symptoms:

*Sitting at the bottom of the tank, with fins clamped close to body (this is normal for a sick fish from what I've heard)

*colouration is darker than normal

*There is a 'blisterlike' growth where the pectoral fin, joins the body (one side only)

*Now and then he seems to act like hes trying to regurgitate something, this is often followed by vigourous shaking

*I have witnessed him doing the 'whitespot flick' on a couple of occasions

I've been using MALKON, which seemed to work at first, but now doesnt seemed to have helped overall.

No other fish in the tank are showing any symptoms of illness.

Is it possible that the silly bugger (along with the growth) has swallowed a stone, and cant get it out of his system?

Hopefully someone will have an idea on how to nurse one of my favourite fish back to his normal 'show-off' self.......

Thanks for any help.....

ChrisMack

P.S. Maybe the FNZAS could add a 'hospital' forum to the site especially for such questions......just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

blister like? or pimple like? Have you caught the fish and touched the affected area? That also could be a "water insect" like a flea/tick. Hows the stool of your leucostica? Color of stool, texture?