Breeding Siamese Fighters(just released the female)

Dixon1990

She has released all her eggs without them being fertilised because you removed her and she must have been ready for the male to spawn with her. Wait about 11 days, feeding her and the male well during this time, and while you are waiting look for information on breeding betta splendens on the web site. There is a huge amount of info on the web, then you will know how to go about it properly and understand why she was being knocked about by the male.

When breeding any fish it is important that you research first and understand the consequences of breeding, particularly with fighters where I have had over 300 eggs hatch from a single spawn. It is hard work and very time consuming to raise these fish properly.

next time you try put her inside a container within the tank with the male for at least 24 hours, it will give her time to egg up properly while hes building his nest. when she starts flaring back at the male after this time release her. if you wait long enough (you need to be patient) she won't get badly knocked around although he will still nip at her a bit most likely. In saying this I have been breeding for over two years now and a couple of weeks ago came home to a dead female - killed by the male.

www.bcbetta.com - excellent site, good clear precise instructions.

www.bettatalk.com? I think thats it.