Small Gourami's

Dixon1990

Watch the Chocolates, they are usually wild caught and can be very fussy eaters. They are pretty timid, get bossed around and don't ship very well.

I had two, the female initally only ate live food plus some frozen, but now rather enjoys Sera flake and decap brine shrimp. The male obviously didn't realise that apart from bossing the female around so much that she hid all the time, that he also had to eat. Consequently he got thinner and thinner and then perished.

Sparkling, or Trichopsis pumila are a bit more hardy, mine breed all of the time, but only a couple survive. They seem to only last a couple of years, but I have managed to keep a constant population with the rather slow breedings. They are quite fun to watch, the males flare and click at eachother frequently.

Yes I think they are different, as I have a pair of honey which a very light yellow then I have 4 others which are a deeper yellow but still not the Golden yellow, well at this stage they are still fairly young.

By the way, I have a pair of cobolt blue gouramis which I have just separated the female after spawning, Is it safe too leave my 3 clown loaches in tank?

• 2 months later...

You sure you don't want a red flame dwarf gourami? Mine is gorgeous and I've even got some good pictures but my bloody dog ate through the cord to transfer from the camera to the computer (yes, a dog :lol:)

He looks like this but more gold and less red:

301784973.jpg

They get up to about 5cm apparently, which is pretty wee :D