Baby danios ?? - I think??

newfish

Ok came home 2 days ago to do a water change on fish tank...

tipping out water when I noticed something moving......

:o:o

Have had what I think are girls Danios very fat.... now not so ..... think I must have breeded (without even trying :lol: :oops: )

WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've put these small :roll: "things/fish" :roll: in my tank I'm trying to sell and they look ok....maybe even growing.... went and brought some liquidfry food for them...

is there any thing else I should be doing or ...... advice please...

Coming out my ears!!!!! :o:o :roll:

Think my danios are in too good a condition..... they won't stop breeding!! :roll: I'm now finding more in my main tank! How they've escape there parents I'll never know..

want some danios??

I've got a breeding program going and I didn't know it, could go into business at this rate :wink:

Fry are going well about a 1cm long.... theres are least 2 types..... by the looks...

Really don't know what I'm doing...its a learning curve.... :lol:

They really don't look like much...I'm still feeding them liquid fry food...

IF you have ANY tips I'll be VERY grateful.......

I'll try to get a good photo and post it.

One has thought of that..... :-? :o

Zebra's were the first lot to breed and I was watching them so they'll should be sweet.... zebra male, zebra female.

not sure about my lepoards and golds though....they've just got babies now... and I can't be 100% about them..... :-? :-?

will have to see what babies come out like I guess....... :o :-?

oh dear..... How did I get myself into this?? :roll:

I think they are lepoards... as golds are still fat.... but then males are males and I don't know if I can trust the gold boys....

All Danios in main tank are 4 - 5cm.... parent ones :lol:

I have another tank set up which babies go into.....

Zebra and Lepoards parents are from 2 different pet stores so hopefully from conpletely different parents.....

oh well I'm sweet.... didn't think it would be to much of a problem as they are all danios..... though pefer to have sort by sort.

guess I'll just have to wait and see what they all are..... Do think its mainly zebra's though..... wouldn't mind a few lepoards.... yet again maybe not, I don't want my danios to hear that!!!! :lol: :roll: :lol:

I REALLY don't need any more!! :roll:

I could take some off your hands in the future. Wouldnt mind 4 or 5 Zebras And im local to you

Infact, could take fry too Got lots of brine shrimp to feed em!

Well thanks to evilknieval69 I have a few less..... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Best of luck! enjoy

As soon as they grow to be seen on photos, I'll post some pic's.

still just a tad small for pic's (well that and they REALLY know how to hide)

Thanks for the Danios They've eaten some brineshrimp already

Cool!!! Thats good to hear.

Could do with brineshrimp I guess but don't really want to "grow" them.... :-?

Are they deffinately zebras?

Well yes and no..... we could only get the smaller fry which are really too hard to tell (we are talking 1cm here! - at the most)....... Can't believe how fast these little guys can be though!

From the looks of fry.... Trust me I'm getting REALLY good at spotting them now!!!

I'd say Zebra's, Gold's and maybe some Lepoards.

Some fry look darker, and look as if they have stripes.... which I'd say are Zebra's

While other fry are very much lighter and don't look as if they have any dark colouring .... so they'd be Gold's?

While others I just don't really know as they aren't as dark but also not light, light.... so could be Lepoards??

Though I'm not saying I'm a 100% just from what I've seen this is how it looks.......

and I'm starting to sound VERY sad that I look at my fry this much to tell them apart :lol: :lol: 8)

This could be a silly question ....

But why can't you buy fozen brineshrimp suitable for fry??

or even live ones??

I'd be happy to pay for some.....

After all I've brought brineshrimp for my parent danios...... so why don't they do young brineshrimp for young danios/fish??

Was just a thought.......

Hatching BBS isnt hard, and would be very easy for you to do since you live so close to the sea. All you need is an old coke bottle with the bottom cut off, hanging in your tank upside down, with an airstone in it. Then you just go to the beach and get some saltwater and fill the bottle up, stick half a teaspoon or so of brineshrimp eggs and 24 hours later you have baby brine shrimp ready to feed out. all you need to do then is take the airstone out of the bottle, wait for it to settle, then syphon out, or use a turkey baster to get out all the bright orange stuff from the bottom, squirt it into your tank and yea......

I have 3 bottles of it going at a time :oops:

I will be able to get a pic of mine as they are in a much smaller tank than Newfish has hers in. I will get some and post them later

:lol: :lol: Thanks!!! yea mines just a little hard to take pic's....

They are growing....

Just found some more in main tank :o Looks like my pearls are thinking about joining in on the "fun" too.... :roll: How DID I get myself into this!?

They are cutie..and fun to watch..

Ok I have a pic ....Warning it is NOT a very good one.... :roll:

Hopefully Evilknieval69 can get a better one 8)

1195289528.jpg

and here's a pic of the Adults.... Note the net you can see is for feeding... they pick bits out of this... and I get to see them eating :lol:

AdultDanios.jpg