sick fish

newfish

Bit late now, but an ammonia spike earlier in your post suggests a problem with the nitryfying bacteria. Remember these rules:

- never change more than 20% of the water at once (in emergencies 50% can be done but always use water ager to remove chlorine)

- clean filters in old tank water, not under the cold tap

- leave filters with a bit of grit, dont get them sparkly clean

- make sure filters are running 100% of the time

pH being high isn't bad, its how stable it is. e.g. 7.8 is fine as long as it's always 7.7-7.9ish. Ammonia and Nitrite should always be 0 after the tank is cycled.

Goldfish breed in tropical conditions, so the only problem would be if you didn't have any surface movement e.g. air bubbler or filter pushing water near the top of the tank. Warmer the water is the less air there is dissolved in the water, so you need to have water movement.

Thanks for your post Siperweb....

Yea thought I was doing all of that :-? :o .... Do miss Finfin and its only been a day... how sad is that! :-?

PH was high from tap so I've now found out... so all good there...

really don't know what I was doing wrong I just couldn't handle seeing them die one my one....

At the end of the day you have to do what is right for your fish and I think putting them in the pond was giving them the best chance for a long and happy life.... :bounce: :P

Caper

You are going to get more fish though, aren't you? Try and get a thermometer for your tank.

to answer your question yes and no.... :( :-?

Tank is now for sale .... full set up....

I'm keeping my new tank with the Danio's ... see how it goes.... at least they suit tanks more... so far I'm having luck with them. :) and there fun to watch.... think it's a case of jumping in deep water before I could really swim... :lol: :oops: :lol: Still have ALOT to learn.. :):)