Threadfin Rainbow- Iriatherina werneri

fishtv

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a smaller tank with a male fighter and was thinking about getting a few threadfin rainbows to keep him company. Can you see any problems with this?

Also, I don't intend on breeding these guys so wanted to know if a group of males would be okay?

Thanks in advance!

Lana

The threadfin rainbows are rather curious critters too so you might find he is attracted to your fighters finnage aswell, so they will probably have some mutual fascination with one another that could end up working or could end up rather messy :lol:

The threadfins are gorgeous and I was actually thinking about setting a tank up in the shed solely for them 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had no problems with Siamese fighters with Threadfins, I also keep Fighters with Royal Whiptails. Have a Fighter that chases Glowlight tetras (never gets them) and seen them stalking other fish but normally they take out their aggression on their reflection in the back of the tanks. They will catch Guppies though, depends on the individual Siamese. Threadfins in a small tank dont harm each other but the dominant ones may starve the weaker/smaller ones. They need room to dart about and flash each other, 60L plus tank and plenty of cover because they get nervous.