Fins - goldfish

Caper

Many months ago this goldfish (Puff) lost most of his tail fin. Other than spending alot of time "nose" down, he seemed to be fine. There was nothing obvious with the fin other than it slowly disappeared. I probably posted about it when it happened but it was a long time ago.

Anyway, the last couple of days I noticed that the other (shoot, I forget if their fantail or veiltail, ah that'll be another post :-? ) was nipping at him when he was out of hiding. Today, one of the ottos appeared to be "on" him. Now I don't know if he was actually "latched" onto him or his was on his way up the back wall & Puff got in the way.

I moved him into the 10 gallon tank because of the other nipping at him. Now his tail had been gone quite awhile then the last number of months seemed to start to grow again. I'm thinking this may be due to the fact he was able to hide better from Beauty!

Do you think it would be worthwhile to try treating him with Melafax at this point? Would I be able to add that to the tank with the cory's in there?

Sorry pics aren't too good, the white is just blur the only white on him is his colors.

DSC03717.jpg

DSC03716.jpg

Thanks,

Caper