Looking for plants

Matt

Hi All,

I am finally in the process of planting my 250l tank after I got the lights sorted over the weekend. Does anyone have any plants they are looking to sell/trade? I am especially looking for Riccia, Java Moss, Ambulia and any small swords. I have an excess of large crypts if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Matt

• 1 month later...

i have lots of java moss and i cant see why your lps cant get it in for you if you ask them DubbieBoy, if you cant get it and do come to auckland at all give me a call and i wil be happy to give you a bit.

as for riccia it only comes in a few time a year.

matt are you with one of the fish clubs?

because north shore club the one im with have auctions every month and we have some nice plants come up for sale, some stuff that you can often find all the time in lfs.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe how much you Aucklanders have to pay for Java Fern either - at the LFS here an average sized piece is about $5.

As for some of the amazon swords - I guess part of it is how easy or hard the particular type is to propagate and also how large is the particular specimen. I suspect there is also an element of higher prices in Auckland.

I made a trip up to auckland in the weekend to visit a few LFS, and i was like this :o at the selection off plants you have!! and quite a bit cheaper than down here!!!

i almost brought a fishtank home with me, along with more fish!! I managed to keep myself under control and stock up on plants and things

:D