Krib tank mates

hevalump

What are suitable tank mates for Kribs? I have heard that they could be called "community" fish when they are not paired up for breeding, but they are suppose to be ok with some other dwarf cichlids and anything else that is fast enough to keep out of harms way. Do they bother plecos? :-? I wouldnt mind a pair in my community tank, but if they would be too aggressive i would have to put them in our other tank. I intend to build add on another cave to the cave eddie occupys to give them a retreat. The only other fish in our tank that is a dominant personality would be our geophagus, but he submits to our docile natured gorami!! :roll: (actually , he just annoys the rams, especially the female, definately doesnt like her, then mr ram comes screaming up flaring himself up trying to defend her and the geophagus goes "BLAH" and lurches forward at him and little mr ram scoots off in the direction from which he came... rather amusing :lol: )

Also depends on individuals.

My male krib is now a wimp and doesn't bother anyone, female chases marlier julie and CAE and thats it (basically the fish that chase or follow them). They don't bother neons, bronze cories, swordtails, SAE's or my eel.

They are dominant at feeding time though and don't like me trying to scare them off when I hand feed the eel, and they let me know too, nippy little buggers :D .

update - i now have a pair of these little fish, they are in my community tank and doing fine, no agression at this point, but if they start laying then i guess things might just change. The Geophagus who is twice their size is scared of them!!. They are only young, but the female has coloured up and her belly is a intense pink. Marlon my partner said he saw her doing a little tail wagging dance in front of the male......... are they big enough to breed at the size they are? which is like 6cm!! :o