at the moment i have 5x elcetric yellows

6x colbolt blues

4x aurutras

5x ice blues these are in the 4 foot still young

and in the 3 foot 10x electras

4x electric yellows

1x female electric blue

5x ice blues

should i put all yellows and colbots plus 5x electras in the 4 foot and the rest in the 3 foot or whats a mix as dont want to croos breed

any ideas would be great thanks

The most likely fish to cross breed are the ice blues with the cobalt's, and the single fryeri female with the electra.. But that wont be a problem until they're mature.

Are the fish very small, juvvies or what? Because with the numbers of ice blues especially it will be a pretty agro tank.. When bigger I wouldn't stick any zebra in a 3ft tank I have tried it but they got bullied maybe if you crammed heaps in you might get away with it, but I know my big cobalt male dominates quarter my 540litre tank when he gets in a mood my wife sits there and watches him and keeps saying she's going to catch him stick him in a naughty tank lol.. How bigs your 3ft? They should be fine when smaller, alot of the people I sold ice blues ended up selling them on as they grew up as they got too agro, and 2 of them had them in 6ft tanks they got sick of their peacocks getting bashed. So keep an eye on them especially with your 4ft tank.

thanks for that reply now i am ready with the thinking cap on the 3 ft tank is 90x38x50 all fish r still young except for female electric blue was only going to grow them up and then keep only a few of each will the electric blue be ok with the colbolts and yellows apart from the colbolts and yellows will also look at offers to sell or swap for other fish i do have other tanks i can add the fish to to separate

10 ice blues boy are you going to have fun,if yours turn out anything like mine did just be aware of what can happen,when it does happen it will happen FAST theyare awesome looking, but they can get huge they are personality plus,but if i was you to save having 2 tanks dominated by ice blue i would maybe consider thinning the numbers a bit and having them in one tank, to give the others some space of their own,the auratus should be able to hold their own they can be pretty feisty as well.but then again fish are just like humans everyone is different...........dilemas.......dilemas

welcome to the world of africans