So:

Its going to be something like this.

21cm cube

A-130 Elite Mini Filter

25W Aqua one Heater

23W daylight energy saving light.

Very fine gravel or sand

Will probably use some liquid ferts.

Plants will be some Echinodorus tenellus,brazilian micro sword or Dwarf Sag and some others.

And for fish.

5-6 Cardinals

2 Pygmy Corys

And will do about 800ml waterchange each day

• 2 weeks later...

I have got the filter now, and have it running in my main tank. Am picking up the tank on sunday, and the heater is on its way i hope. I will be adding a diy canister filter made with a 1L container and a 220Lph pump after a week or 2 aswell. Where would be the best place to get some light coloured sandy substrate? And what would be the best filter media for my diy canister filter?

I have just picked up the tank but i got a 25cm cube instead. So thats about 15L which heaps more volume and thats good.I will set it up tomorrow because it wont be fully cured till tomorrow morning. Will the elite mini filter i put in my main tank 3days ago have enough good bacteria in it yet? And will 220lph be enought to filter this tank?

Pygmy corys might be happier with a larger number, I had twelve, but are down to three at the moment.

When there were more of them they used to swim about in a bunch in mid water all the time, but now that there are only three, I hardly see them out and about.