New Tank

jhct

DSCF3588-1.jpg

DSCF3589.jpg

Hi All here a couple of photos of my tank set up yesterday... as mentioned in previous posts i am going to put

1 x silver shark

1 x Black Knife

1 x Clown Loach (adding about 3 more of them later)

1 x Gold Spotted Pleco.

I have to leave it a week eh before adding anything??

As you can see from above list not many will be out in the day or if they do will mostly be around bottom of tank. I want some movement and colour higher up though.... there seems to be difference of opinion about having angels in there... so whats everyones thoughts??

And yes it is a converted turtle tank (therefore shelf in there) i know will make cleaning harder :cry:

Tank looks good.

Should be OK to START adding fish once the temp is stable and the water is clear. (like now ;) )

Just dont go dumping them all in an uncycled tank at once. Plan on taking 6 weeks to get the tank fully stocked unless you can shortcut things by using an established filter.

I wouldn't put the clown loaches or the BGK into a new tank either, they wont handle any possible ammonia spike as well as other fish. Add them as the last fish once the filtering is established

The Pleco should be OK to start with, as long as it's not too big.

Are you able to get some established filter media from another tank? That will make the cycling a lot easier.

A bunch of tiger barbs would give you all the movement you need :lol: I have 6 in my 4ft tank with a Bala shark, kribensis and plecos, all get along fine. Angels should be OK with those tankmates as well.

Cheers

Ian

For the Pleco go with some sinking pleco tablets and chunks of fresh vege. They are mostly vegetarian and too much protein in their diet can kill them. It's fine if they eat some leftovers or an occasional meaty treat, but aim for 80% vege in their diet.

Mine like mushroom and courgette. Cumumber, skinned cooked peas and cooked green beans can be good too. The clown loach will probably try and get in on the action too, but veges and pleco chips wont harm him if he eats some. Just rubber band a hunk of vege to a rock and sink it in the tank, take out whats not eaten in the morning.

Be warned.. they WILL make a mess in the tank as they can eat a LOT of vege. Have the gravel vac standing by :lol:

Cheers

Ian