big tank questen.

anthony law

ive just pursches a new tank with sump 2200*600*600 :D what flow rate will in need to fillter this tank.the sump is 800*600*600 with a tower as ive allways had canners filters.also it going to have two oscar white /gaint gourami /sailfin pec/goldspot pec.can i put anything thati can use as a scavaveng to pick food that they miss.all idears will be helpfull. :bow:

i whant to decorating the back of the tank any idears :bow: : .as i cant have plants in there as the gourami eats plants :evil:

Sounds like you have room for some largish clown loaches in there?

I dont think you really need any scavengers, plecos seldom leave food uneaten on the bottom of the tank, they are omnivores so they will clean up the oscars leftovers as well as their own food :lol:

Cheers

Ian

Flow should be anywhere from 3x to 10x the volume depending on stocking levels.

Syno's, pictus, or large CL's would be good scavengers, altho the loaches would need to be big to avoid being eaten by the oscars.

Its going to look empty with jus tthe oscars and gourami, maybe think about adding some other semi-aggressive cichlids, or a school of silver dollars.

cheers for the help guys :bow::bow: you say semi aggressive cichlids.what sort of cichlids are you tailking about it whould have toi be something resabile size as the gourami is 550long.can name some so in can find them.

also you say a school od siliver dollars. how many do you think would i should have ???/

you only can have one severums to tank is that the truth or can you have moro. :bow: of diffant color

dont tell the wife about parrot fish.she reaily whant me to get one i dont like them at all :evil:

so any other suggest.or something school fish.must be color not white that not go to get eat my the oscars or the graint gourami???