Help what do I do now?

Nicolette

The 9 yr old accidently dropped a couple of tablespoons of novatom into the breeding tank thismorning. I have done a 10% water change but cant vacumm cause I have a bunch of glowlight eggs/fry in there. (tank is divided into 2 with 5 week old fry one side and eggs/babies on the other side.) Only a single sponge filter to filter the water and the tank is approx 40lt... What else can I do to clear the water?

thanks all.

I'd hit it with some BIG water changes, before the food starts to rot.

If the water quality is good then it wont be much different from the tap water.

A couple of 50% changes should help, and try and suck up as much of the food off the bottom as you can.

Hmm.. I see you cant vacum because of the eggs and fry :-? That complicates life, because you basically have to get the food out before it starts to decay. Maybe drop a hungry bristlenose in there to do the hoovering?

Cheers

Ian

they are due to be free swimming fry tomorrow so I may try 50% water changes in the meantime and see what develops. The spill was on the fry side of the tank and not too much has travelled through the perspex divider so I may be lucky with the eggs/free swimmers