Cleaning algae off the tank glass

Nicolette

I bought a cleaning tool from pet planet. I love it. It's got interchangeable heads on a very long handle. One steel edge (like the paint scrapers) and a algae scrubbing pad on a head that swivels in every direction! Between those 2.. I can clean every inch of my glass without getting my hands wet! (I have a cold tank so that's a bonus!!) The long handle means I can get good pressure on the scrubbing pad for those tough green spots!

The scrubber pad is slightly rounded and tapers at the edges too which means I can get into corners and I can do the rounded edges of my Aqua One tanks. (It's also got a plastic side to the scraper which I don't use and it has a little shovel end which is good for flicking out dying leaves or whatnot!)

No.. I don't work for pet planet.. it's just the most convenient tool!!

The scrubber pad is slightly rounded and tapers at the edges too

Sounds similar to what I use...gets the stuff off the glass no problems! I did buy one of the magnetic scrapers, quite awhile ago now, and it's still in the package, always sayin' I'm going to try it :oops:

Caper