krib site please?

Adrienne

Hi, I'm picking up a pair of kribs in the next week. Can some of you give me some good web sites to look at. I have searched but there might be something better out there.

I have read that the ph doesn't have to be as high as for other cichlids - is this right.

Should the tank be bb with some piles of gravel or would something else be better.

Thanks

They aren't that fussy about water parameters, they are a river fish from West Africa not a rift lake species.

They do like some hiding places, plants, driftwood or rock caves. My tanks just have normal gravel, the kribs do like to sift through it looking for missed food or other tidbits, but they dont seem to dig holes or move it around much.

They are fairly peacefull, but best not to keep them with delicate long finned fish (male guppys). Those long fans are just to much temptation :-?

Mine are in a 4ft tank with tiger barbs, a bala shark and some plecos, they seem happy and haven't caused any trouble there yet.

Cheers

Ian