How to remove paint?

jolliolli

i've been cleaning up my saltwater tank i purchased and the previous owners painted the back of the glass and managed to get paint on to the plastic trim. Cabinet is a juwel rio 400 and has a sort of plastic edging around the base. Managed to scrape the paint off the glass easily enough but i'm having trouble with the paint on the plastic does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it off without damaging the plastic?

You could try paint stripper. Check it on a small piece of the plastic on the back of the tank where it won't get seen. If there is no reaction you'll be safely able to remove the paint without hurting the plastic. There are some water based paint strippers that work quite well aren't as aggressive as non-water based but I can't recall the name of the one I used to use...

Managed to get it off but tough, tried various thinners in test spots but they all seemed to attack the plastic a bit. In the end my partner spent a couple of hours with some sugar soap rubbing it with a cloth and removed all the paint so now it looks new