I've gotten into the puffer mania

Jasmine

I've decided that I really would like a puffer. I guess I'll line up with everyone else who wants one :D

Who here has a puffer and could I please see pics as well as what type they are?

What fish stores have stocked puffers?

How easy is it to keep a brackish tank (the only puffers I've seen for sale have been brackish, would prefer fresh water puffers though!)?

Who can resist such a face? Hehe. They are way cute!

(the only puffers I've seen for sale have been brackish, would prefer fresh water puffers though!)?

don't we all? maybe if one of us manages to get one we could share, month on month off. :D

these are what you are after

Brazilian Puffer or SAP (south american puffer)

colomesusasellusSAPuffer.jpg

brazillianpuffer.jpg

Cute! Anyone know retail prices they usually go for or how often they come in?

$20ish for a figure eight. They are hardly any on the market if any. Iv been in the hunt for 7 months now....there are a huge number of people on here wanting any sort of puffers...Good luck. Iv got over them now and am getting datnoids :roll:

That's not a bad price. Might keep an eye out.

How hard is it keeping a brackish tank?

There's no big rush for me. I've got my Malawi tank, my Brichardi tank and my fighters in the meantime. Would just like something in my room! Was thinking of putting the Brichardis in there and having a puffer where the Brichardis are at the moment.

brackish tanks are not hard. they don't need skimmers, the only real difference is you chuck a bit of Red Sea salt in and start measuring the Salinity- oh and you need to get rid of your plants- Java fern is pretty much the only freshwater plant that can survive.

On another note I heard Albany HFF has a red eye puffer- they are cool- and freshwater. I'm keeping an eye out for another Suvatii myself.

P4230068.jpg

Go marine in your room.

When the flatmates have a party, "happen" to leave the door open & all the lights running. Human curisoty (sp?).

I had 15 people crowding around my tank, watching me pet my Discus lol

is this a sneaky way to get girls in your room? :lol:

ive got two figure eights. They are in a freshwater community tank with other fish their size. they are only small but very cute.

its the fish in my avatar

Wow, I thought most puffers were fairly aggressive. What other fish do you have in the tank?

Wow, I thought most puffers were fairly aggressive. What other fish do you have in the tank?

They will eat neon tetras when very hungry. But in the tank are kribensis, silver shark, red tail blak shark, angel pair, pleco, syno, bristlenose, kissing gourami, snakeskin gourami and some others