Time to celebrate!!!!!

paul_r

Just thought id let you all know that when i got home from lunch i found that my Australe golds had been "busy". I checked the mops and wasnt really expecting to find anything as the killis that i have are still rather small. However i got a nice suprise when there was 1 egg on the golds mop.

Im off to the vet centre to see if they have any of the Methy... blue (cant spell it). Have got the egg in a chinese food container floating on top of tank.

It might only be one egg, but it sure is a start.

Since i want this egg to survive, sounds silly over only one egg, but like aquanut told me , "you have got to make every egg count"

Anyone got any suggestions on how i can help this eggs chances of surviving?

Thanks

we dont have any fish shops in whakatane.

The closest thing is the vet centre which has a bit of fish food, heaters and a few comets and fantails....and they dont have any methylene blue :(

Ill find some somehow....hopefully, as its a while until il be going to Tauranga

Oh okay thanks for that, will keep it in mind, i just thought that using some more of the blue stuff would make the egg easier to see. Its in a clear chinese container floating at top of tank, it also has some air bubbles under it making it even harder to see.

Is there anything i can do to help eggs chances of survival? or is it basically a leave and hope for the best in my situation?

haha yea im definatly hopeing, i realise that one egg isnt going to do anything major in terms of fish stocks, however will give me the chance to learn, and ive only had these killis for 5 days now so cant wait to see what happens in the future.