Ants in my turtle tank- Help

what would they be eating , would it be the glue that holds it together.I am having to manualy wipe them out.Has anyone else had to deal with ants and if so what did you do to get rid of them.

Tanks are put together with silicon, not even ants eat that. But they could be going after algae thats growing around the tank and on the glue where it's hard to clean off.

Find where they are coming from, there will be a nest outside or under the house and you will see a trail of ants leading to it. Then you can lay poison baits beside the trail, well away from the tank. Another alternative is 'Ant Sand', get it from a hardware shop or supermarket. It's just diatomacious sand, but the sharp grains of it get stuck in the ants as they walk though it and stab the little blighters to death. Works best if you can sprinkle it on the concrete outside around where they are coming in. Safer if you are worried about putting down poison baits.

Cheers

Ian

yes nick777 we do have water in the tank. We are in a split level house and unfortunatly their seems to be alot of ants in this house.I was worried more that they maybe eating the silicon in the tank.They seem to like the inside corners of the tank.I would be concerned about putting ant bait as wouldnt this Harm Berty our turtle if he was to digest it?.