White male betta- now with pics

fishtv

Yea I have him on hold and will be picking him up tonight. I will get a pic up as soon as I can!

I don't have a white female and since they are so rare would be happy to lend him out for breeding purposes to boost the numbers?

Yay! I'm so excited!

I don't have a white female and since they are so rare would be happy to lend him out for breeding purposes to boost the numbers?

Yay! I'm so excited!

Could always get a cambodian female with light colouring and see what happens?

Yay for you!!!! I'd be excited too!!

I've a mostly white female - well she's white with gold tints in her until you take a photo with a flash and then a slight hint of very pale blue shows in her tail. She's half cambodian and very similar to your male in the translucent look of tail and fins. Possibly have some white females coming on, they are definately white at the moment but are only 3 months old so still may colour up a bit.

Wow if this is what I think it is... he doesn't muck around!

th.320524b622.jpg

And she is looking rather plump?

th.7fb710a899.jpg

th.d848b1b724.jpg

I hadn't really planned on breeding but they seem very keen? could someone please post a basic list of what I would need to successfully breed these two?

To breed:

Spare tank for breeding purposes, small will do

plant

airline

sponge filter

bbs - ability to hatch your own

green water

liquifry (for egg layers)

heater

in the long term

more spare tanks

facilities for jarring young male fighters

plenty of time

have a look at this site www.bcbetta.com, its really good

Thanks a lot,

I have heard that if male fighters are raised together that they can remain in the same tank? Is this a myth? At what age will the males and females need to be separated?

(I can't get into that link? weird?)

Is this a good site? is this the easiest way to do it?

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishfoo ... tchery.php

Seperating males really depends on the individual fish - today I had to split up my 8-9 week old males as they were constantly scrapping in their tanks. They are about 1.5cm long. I have managed to keep pnly one spawn pretty much together for 4 months. Some of its just the fish temperaments and the other thing that seems to unsettle them is a cold front coming through - even the females will get tetchy with each other at this time. The thing is that if you want to keep them together you can't move the fish around or change tanks, even one fish will unsettle things.

ok thanks heaps guys, that site is great!

Ill give it a few more weeks to make sure that I am sure that I can feed the fry and make sure they have the best shot possible.

I'm trying to come up with a way to accommodate the males should they need to be separated? Maybe a little DIY is in order...

Heres what I use and so do a few others up here as well now.

1 x 4ft tank - doesn't have to be deep

plenty of filter power - I run a cf1200, internal uv 800 litres p/h, and a 3000 litre p/h power head. You need plenty of power to move the water around and through the bottles.

I use empty 1 1/2 litre drink bottles, cut the bottles off at the top and put drainage holes down the sides and in the bottom of each bottle.

Throw a few stones in to weigh them down

Each one holds a male fighter. Can get 50 in the tank I use at the moment.

If you want a pic of what it looks like pm me your email details and I'll send to you