unknown cichlid

madsaffa

Do you mean Brichardi breeder madsaffa?

I opened the pic link but the pic is showing up rather blurry onscreen.. so not overly detailed this end, does look melanochromis like (possible hybrid), but pic not really clear, looks to have rather alot of vertical banding too, is that right?

Oh and yeeikes, definately not suitable for tank with corys :o

thanks, yea i found out by losing one of my favoured albino's

very bad day for me

yea got it from brichardi dude, he doesnt know/ cant remember what it is

yea pretty dark bands every now and then

and yellow edges along both dorsal and tail fin

very swift and paranoid fish, really hard to get good clear pic

here's another i got

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z169 ... ryfisk.jpg

will try and get video of it

thanks

Judging by the colour vertical banding and colour of the female in the back ground (if it is the same fish) I would say some sort of melanachromis hybrid, possibly one of the type brought in as johanni.. You really need to get a clearer pic for a definate id :)

For now I will just call a blue zebra{slang for blue not sure what it is mbuna}, as pic isn't clear. Either way it shouldn't have been placed with standard tropical fish. Agression differences, water ph etc.... What size tank etc come to mind too?

Best bet if its a pain in the butt which cichlids can be. Try & return it, trade into a shop, get rid of other fish & go african cichlids or knock it on the head. Sorry they are really your only options.

It will only kill others the way it is going.

Frenchy :D

ohhhh yeaaaa people think im a breeder now :P

if anyone does want any brichardi babies ive got a few now (less then 1cm tho) so will be ready in a while

i have 2 of the fish above but the brichardi started breeding and got anal, the other one was more of a blue while this one that saffas got was the yellow, cost me around $20 each i think but probably got a better deal ... ahhhhh back in the days when i could get cheap cheap stuff from the pet store ay paddy :P