Smaller female angel dominating larger male

smidey

Hi all, does anyone else ave a pair of angels that the smaller female dominates the larger male. personally i think its a simple case of "yes dear" but she seems to be taking it a bit far. below are pics of the damage, i have never had this happen before so is there anything to worry about as far as the injuries?

female

DSC05245A.jpg

& the beaten husband

DSC05244A.jpg

Probablly just angels doing their mating ritual thing. Doesn't look like there is too much damage. The have a few genes there. If you have bred them before what did you get?

they spawn every 3 to 4 weeks & have never been fighting like this. they normally chase anything else in the tank but have not fought like this. they have not sucessfuly breed yet, i let them eat their eggs.

i have a pair of gold severum who used to be perfect role models for what a good relationship should be like. They were inseperable, spawned every three weeks like clock work and got on really well. But for the last couple of months they have been scrapping like cats and dogs, not spawned for ages, and really can't seem to stand the sight of each other!

At one point the female disappeared for nearly a week behind a slab of rock because the male would attack her everytime he saw her. My hubby and i have been making jokes about the severum and perhapes the male has been cheating with the pleco or something :lol:

The good thing is, *crosses fingers* it looks like they might be finally getting over whatever it may be. They don't seem to be trying to rip each others fins off all the time.

Hopefully you angels are just having marital issues and will get them sorted by themselves. She might be picking on him for not fanning the eggs often enough!?