I want to start a locust culture ??

snookie

they love the heat and need it for egg production,mating to produce fertile eggs etc.I have a 100w spot lamp and a 2 ft flourecent which gives off a bit of heat.At the moment its getting fairly cool at night etc in my garage so should go up to A 150w.You want a temp of 32 according to some info I have .Humidity is not liked by them and the photo gannet put up of the glass tank setup would not be ideal in my opinion,especially with the dept of waste etc.Mine is wood with a mesh back wall covered with a sheet of polystyrene,front glass sliders nothing on the floor but a layer of droppings which are quite dry and no smell.The egg laying is just a low cardboard carton with holes cutout to fit disposable clear coffeecups which you can often see the eggs down the sides,change them for incubation every sunday.keep the fresh grass in there ,a dish of bran no water other than the grass which is stood in jars of water.Wire mesh ladders for them to climb for basking andmoulting their skins.

• 3 months later...