Love is in the water?

Binkles

Got up this morning and did my usual thing (hey fishie fishie fishie) and turned on their light - now most of them looked embarressed, and after todays events I can understand why.

Our tank is doing well with good results and we decided it was time to get some bloody suckers - well I mean the vegetarian version (algae eaters).

So we wander on down to Organisms (have to type that carefully) and walk away with two lovely looking suckers :)

Introduce them to the tank in the usual way, and just turned on the light again - now if they looked embarressed before that's nothing compared to the shock I got.

Peppered around the tank our Albino catfish had stuck eggs over everything - basically if it wasn't nailed down - it had egss.

But not only that - knock me over with a sledgehammer, I spy two little bittie guppies!!!!!

They're about 7mm long and gosh I'm stuffed if I know how they got there (well I do know but wow).

Will they likely be eaten (guppies, Glass fish, albino catfish, and algae eaters) or should I look for some fry food, or will they find morsels for themselves?

The eggs will get eaten but if the baby guppies have survived so far they have a chance. Are there plenty of fine leaved plants for them to hide in? Just make sure some of the flake food is ground up fine in your fingers when feeding them and they will find bits to eat.

Why should your fish look embarrassed? Are they not married? :o :lol:

Organisms is not multiple by the way, it is Organism :lol: and you are right, you have to be very very careful with the spelling :lol: . Great little shop isn't it