Deformaties in fry?

MrEd

I seem to be getting more and more spine deformities in my fry and wondered if it was genetic caused from too much inbreeding :o or is it just an odds thing and will occur anyway? ... or dietary deficiency?

Cheers for your offer there Matt .... Fry on a Bender ... you don't watch Futurama by chance? Our LFS seems to have a good supply of dead and dying fish with a beut collection of skeletons in the turtle tank and gold fish laying motionless on the bottom with others bum up looking like they need a dose of peas to get a little movement happening! A dead Pleco and another skeleton in the display tank also .... not a good look and doesn't inspire confidence to buy !

Parents are outwardly free of any defects. They get a diet of Daphnia flakes and micro worms and I've just started adding a few drops of multi-vitamin to the microworm culture figuring rightfully or wrongfully it will be carried on to the fish? They don't like tubifex or Whiteworms but will go fruitfly maggots from time to time most of my fish seem to prefer the maggots to the flies for some reason .... texture? As for percentage probably 10%.