What calcium suppliment do you use?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I use Jurassi-Cal, Jurassipet. A Seachem product. Its seems to have been pretty good.

Anyway, I need to get some more and I was wondering what others use, and if there was anything you would recommend.

Cheers.

Guest Anonymous

You would have to be feeding by the jar-full to kill a waterdragon by calcium. I would say something else killed the dragons.

It is very important that you feed your lizard calcium dusted food ATLEAST twice a week.

Guest Anonymous

You are correct, in the ideal environment, lizards dont need to be given calcium. But they would have to be living outside, under the sun, in their wild temperatures, eating the food they would get in the wild.

Most of the reptile keepers in New Zealand couldnt provide this.

By not providing calcium you put your reptile at risk of metabolic bone disease. I feed it every two days, every day for my females in the summer months.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I looked at the flukers range, (the gourmet crickets are good for fussy dragons) also looking at REP-CAL Phosphorus-free Calcium.