i cleaned the filter now its not working prop

subzer0

i cleaned my filter (canister type) today the same as always done, when i reattached it to the pipes so the water can flow back through it again the water in not syphioning back through it. the filter is working but no water is going in or out, any help would be great.

its a fluval 403, about one and half year old

Hi

I had a similar problem last time I cleaned my eheim cannister. After taking it apart 3 times, checking and rechecking the hoses, I ended up sucking on the inlet hose to refill it with water. Started straight up after that.

You should always suck on the outlet pipe to start a syphon into the canister before you start it. The motor cant start the syphon itself.... You need to fill up the whole canister and the pipes before turning it on, then shake the filter to get rid of the extra air caught in the filter.....

You should always suck on the outlet pipe to start a syphon into the canister before you start it. The motor cant start the syphon itself.... You need to fill up the whole canister and the pipes before turning it on, then shake the filter to get rid of the extra air caught in the filter.....

i dont suck the water through ever, i also don't empty the pipes though & do fill the canister with water before i turn it on.

make sure you havn't done what i did, disassembled the spraybar & used the spraybar endcap as a jointer & the pipe jointer as an endcap when i reassembled it. :oops:

no haven't done any of that. have tried filling it up before conecting it as well nothing seems to work . when i did it i just turned the taps off before the canister then when i put it back together attached it to the taps again ,,,

don't know how it happened but i came home from work today and thought i would give the filter one last try. and what do you know turned the taps the water flowed through then plugged her in and off she went couldn't beleive it :bounce: :P yay!!!!!!!!!!