What midwater fish , can live with clown knife and fire eel

snookie

i think if you have lots of hiding places for eel , he will not dig as much ,

mine is more happy inside a piece of bogwood now ,when he was smaller he would dig ,and you would just see his snout sticking out of gravel .

i thought i lost him loads of times !

There used to be 2 very big Dats at hubbys work... one was a monster around 40cm plus mark... we actually ended up transporting him ourselves to Wellington for someone that purchased him :D He used to sit up at the top of the tank and eye any suspected victim that swam by, amazing predator to watch.. his mouth was like a vaccum. They are a very nice fish and I know the shop enjoyed having them stay. The male/female pair are now with a guy in Palmy, so both of the dats ended up back together :D They were definately midwater to top dwelling fish (the top dwelling when they wanted a birds eye view of lunch) :lol: Also bottom dwelling to an extent at a younger age when you have a cave etc, have noticed they can have shy moments and seem to get alot bolder with age.

IMO 8)

Hey snookie, how big was your fire eel wen you bought it? And how long has it taken it to get the size it is now?

Im looking at getting one for a display tank in my games room and just wanted to know how quick it grows

depends on what fire eel eats i guess ! had him bout year and a half ,

was a like a peice of spaghetti when i got him . and now he is nearly as thick as a aqua one 300 watt heater :-? . he packed on the pounds when he found out frozen shrimp didnt taste so bad , and eats out of my fingers . i think the trick is to hand feed if you have other bottom dwelling fish etc.. (especcialy bloodworms)

once camera is sorted i will send pics

do you no what monos they were afrikan (serbae ) :roll:

Yep I am with snookie on that one, aim of the game is to make sure he is definately getting good food source so hand feeding is awesome, my tyre track is getting huge on bloodworms and earthworms... Earthworms he gets in a major frenzy over.. but he won't touch frozen mysis shrimp :roll:

snookie - Hmmm after looking at pics of Sebae, I don't think the ones that are at Palmy LFS are Sebae, but I could be wrong, because I don't keep brackish any longer I didn't take overly much notice. Very nice tho 8)