BN Water Temp

Andrew_W

I want to increase my water temp from 25 to 27 degrees. I have found info supporting this change in temp for all my fish accept my BN.

Will my BN be alright in 27 degree water?

Also my 4 gourami's insist on eating all my BN's pleco tablets, can I do anything to manage this problem?

Thanks

-Andrew-

Also my 4 gourami's insist on eating all my BN's pleco tablets, can I do anything to manage this problem?

Answer to this one would be put some Pleco Chips in your tank at night, when lights out.. Bristlenoses happily feed at night when your Gourami will be resting.. I always add Pleco Chips etc at night for my Bristles..

Cool, they are chips I have not tablets :) I'll try feeding him while the lights are off.

Now another question, my bn used to be really active swimming around the glass and cleaning all my plants, and "hiding" in a cave at the front of the tank, where it could be seen, but I tried to catch him/her to try and sex him/her, I failed to catch it, and its been hiding ever since :oops:

will it eventually venture back out during the day?

Cheers guys.

wow 31 water must evaporate rather fast.

Not too bad, but it certainly does. I've got tanks here at 30-32C and they need topping up weekly. I raise my baby golden bristlenose in 30C water, and most my other fry in 29-30C.

BN will be fine in 27C and you'll probably find your thermostat is out by 2 degrees anyway :P lol its really hard finding accurate ones that work, I had some that disagree with each other by 3 degrees :roll:

My GBAs first bred at 22C, but I've heard of them breeding in 30C too, most important thing is a nice cave they can settle in to. I added a cave and 3 days later had eggs.