Snail Traps

Fluffypants

I have an infestation of small flat spiral snails. I suspect they arrived on some plants I bought awhile ago. Every time I syphon the tank I get a hundred or so in the bucket. They don't appear to crawl around the tank so much as just sit in amongst the gravel.

I saw snail traps advertised on TradeMe and wonder if they acutally work. Anyone have any experience of the traps or have another idea how to get rid of the snails?

To get rid of mine, i put a mug on its side on the bottom of my tank, put a few pleco tabs (or any sinking food) and turned the lights out.

Leave it for a few hours and you can make some snail patties. :P

I just did that every night for a week and the snail population was gone:) or you can go out and buy some loaches or snail trap

Skunk Loaches can be a problem with aggression.. if you search the web, many websites will tell you the same thing..

I have seen skunk loaches in action, major fin nipping and have seen what 2 had done to a ladies tank full of fish over a few nights..

It would be a case of finding a "well behaved one" to suit.