I think my gourami has Hex. HELP PLEASE!!!

Dixon1990

Hi just saw that the moonlight gourami had hole looking things on each side of its head. My Brother suggested Hex. Its in a community tank so would like to know ASAP if its hex or not.Here it is:

39597551_full.jpg

Sorry bout the bad pic the fish is too fast.

Thanks

if it popped up over night its not HITH as that takes a while to get going.

If it happened overnight id say someone had a go or perhaps hes wedged himself somewhere and had trouble getting out? I would watch him closely, keep the water clean and perhaps add a little melafix to help healing if you like. Fish are pretty good at healing wounds

Very hard to tell from those pics but I would think that fish has jammed itself somewhere sharp and damaged both sides of its head. If this is so, watch out for secondary fungal infections on the wounds. In the meantime, keep the water as clean as possible and make sure the other fish do not start harassing it. If they do, separate it until it heals and if fungus starts, treat with an anti fungal med from your lfs.

Is the lateral line on the gourami eroded. As in is there visible gaps in the line.

Can't tell from those pics, I am with the doubt you do. Any fish in there that could of picked a fight with the gourami?

Do a goggle search for hole in the head & compare the pics of those to your fish.

Frenchy :D

I doubt very much it is hex. Looks more like wounds, especially with the colour of the wounds. {now that I have looked on another computer.}

I would just try to firstly find out why it has these marks, agro fish, sharp objects, treat with something like mela fix.

The laterial line is the first sign, it would of been there before the start of the holes. Not the other way around.

Frenchy :D