It Eats!

Pies

In the weekend I made up some more homemade fish food. Total cost was about $9.00.

I got a small piece of Hoki (thats a fish!) with no skin or fatty back, 6 scollops, 6 mussles, 2 large prawns, 100g small cocktail prawns (pink), 1 packet of frozen (thawed) adult brine shrimp, a small amout of green seaweed (from asian food store), a small amount of red sea weed (asian food store).

I chopped it all into various sizes, small and large. I used everything, shrimp heads and tails, mussle 'tounge' etc. I then mixed into a bowl. I then made up about 1/3 a glass of gelitine and added this.

I then scooped out some and put it into a 'collander' and let drip for a few seconds to drain excess juice before spooning into a zip lock bag (used free ones from BNZ bank for coins). Flattened and added to freezer.

Fed some to my fish last night, and saw something I have never seen before. My Coral Beauty ate some. Feeding was frantic and aggressive, more than usual, and the Coral Beauty was in there mixing it up with everything else. I have NOT seen this fish eat anything added to the tank since i've had it. Nice to know it eats prepared food like everything else!

I only feed frozen 1 or 2 times a week, as its high in nitrate and phosphates, but the fish sure do love it.

Just thought i'd share my recipe :)

Pies