another newbie question

stimpy29

my tank has been set up for about a month now and im getting brown algae on the stones and front of the tank , has the tank not cycled long enough? it has about 15 plants , lights are on a timer and get 12 hours a day. it just under 4ft and hold 250 litres , and has 5 rummy noses , 6 zebra danios and a couple of 1cm bistlenoses and 2 leopard corys. i have 1 inch of dalton aquria mix followed by 1/2" of propergating sand and them friut salad stone on top , my plants are growing well and the glosso is spreading out about 5mm a day from some of the shoots.

is it a case of letting it cycle more ? cut down lighting? increase lighting?

Brown algae is common and fairly harmless (yey) unlike some of the beard algaes. It seems to only pop its head up when there is excess nitrate in my experience. The bristlenose should eat it, and its easy to wipe off the front, but to reduce its growth just make sure to keep up with your 20% a week water changes.

If you use a product like AlgaeFix make sure to have an air pump running as it really makes it hard to breathe in there.

im doing water changes 3 times a week at the moment and yup it is easy to wipe the front of the glass , but just a thought i have about an inch of daltons aquaria mix would this help excellerate the growth of the brown algae? or will the tank just balance itself out? the plants love it.