GOLDEN JOHANNI

Tropheus

Of course you won't. Golden johanni, just some made up name to help with sales. There was a post a few pages back about Golden johannis. The funny thing is, when you look at the top pic, see how the eyes are red, just like a red zeb.... :x

I doubt the ones in the top pic are his. If they are, look suss to me. The bottom pic, I say that are his. Very hard to tell, just juvie Johanni, look really red but, maybe red zebs. How can you tell with that pic. :roll: Could be hybrids, how would you know. Anyone kept these, grown them up, pics etc???

Frenchy :D

Can get some pics of my guys in the next couple of days... my stock don't come from recent imports... old stock.. Some of the recent stuff I have seen that come in as Gold Johanni (supposedly female Johanni) have very bad vertical banding and of poor quality... hybrids maybe? :roll:

Have a pic already of a female of mine holding.... will post that up in a tick and will then post pic of male tomorrow :D

Thats all good Mekhaela.

After seeing the pic on trade me. Be interesting to know if others have goldens... if they stayed that colour & have bred & what are the fry like? I hate new imports of fish with fancy type names, that don't exist anywhere. I couldn't find info tropheus either, even made a couple of calls. Blank responses.

Frenchy :D

Oh and here is a poor shot of one of my males, who had just had a tank change so he had gone pale at the time around settling in time.. his colours are normally bold and really outstanding...

Will get a better shot of him tomorrow, he's a bit bigger now and beefier..

P1030835.jpg

alot of the males that I have seen that were brought as golden johanni are crap, well unsure if they're crap or not johanni maybe interuptus or something like that...

They had dark black horizontal lines on them and just didn't look right to me which is why I steer away from them even when I needed a johanni female..

The males that came in were under Blue Johanni, never Golden.. the Golden Johanni that have come in, have been all females (supposed female Johanni, hence why they call them the silly "Golden") but they were terrible quality, possibly hybrids somethings..... I had seen the lists and what they were listed as.

The stuff that came in as Blue Melanochromis however are a different story.

Did you mean horizontal banding Ryan or vertical?