Giant Gourami

Dixon1990

i personally wouldnt keep one as they get so large.

i have only seen 2 large ones in my life and were both in tanks well over 1000 liters.

i would never do it duse to the size... its the same with pacu... i love the fish but i know i cant give them what they need

but thats just me

hey,the guy i bought my 6ft tank from had one for sale, but not sure if he still does. Cant remember his name (Cameron??) but if i recall correctly he runs sweet water aquatics. That chinese restaurant wouldnt hapeend to be the one off lincoln rd? Cuz I think he maintains them..

6 + 24 at perhaps :lol:

if you are planning (and its a total definate cause if it goes down the plug hole chances are you wont be able to get rid of it or move it when it gets larger) to get a tank at least 8x3 (then you have the whole deal of filtration, flooring, stands, heating etc) then a giant gourami *may* be worth looking at. IMO they require more financial commitment than most other animals, they require large tanks (lost of $$), lots of food and can live for 30+ years :o once they get to full size moving is not an easy task and it causes them considerable stress. consider them a very long term commitment. they do however make excellent pets but a little bit of cash must be sacraficed to make them a nice home :lol:

if not oscars are an awesome smaller fish, they max out at 12-14" on average. i love mine to bits, he is definatly part of the family. mine has his favourite things and things he hates with a vengance (a white teddy bear, terracotta pot, my slipper)