Corydoras melanistius (black sail cory)

kylefish02

Hi

I just got 12 of these guys today.Just wondering who else has them and if theres are breeding i am going to try and breed these guys.They will hopefully be the first cory's ive bred. any advice part from feed them up and the coldwater change lol. I wil be keeping them in a tank with parameters of ph 6.5-7 temp about 25c filtration sponge filters and substrate silica sand.

cheers kyle

I know they are stubborn spawner's.

A guy here in wellington ( don't know if he has breed them or not but know he had them ).

For stubbrn corys his set up was....

A 90x30x30cm tank with sand base for them to spawn in.( sea sand as river sand can be course and damage the cory's)

The sand was thin at 1 end and very very thick at the other to the point that there was maybe 100 - 150mm of water above it.

At the shallow end there was a tone of spawning moss and a BIG ball air stone which when attempting the spawning he would turn on till the water above it boiled some what with the bubbles.

Hope there is some ideas in there to add to what you know.

thanks for that stu.I knw they are going to be stubborn coz from what ive seen on the net females are hard to get fat but apparently spawns are from around 30-100 and can happen as often as every 2 weeks so that sounds like a fair few.all i gota hpe for now is i have some females :-?

kyle