boo from the south

marty

Hello to all those people in fishland :o

it is great to see so many people into this great web site!

I am a member of the Dunedin fish club, i have been keeping fish for donkey's years and have learnt a lot on the way, and still learning

its a great hobbie keep it up! 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there marty, hows things?

Hey I have had a problem. My computer crashed deleting all my email address, So If your still keen to show us your fish collection, flick me an e-mail.

Hey I have been offered a three year old Plec, as the people wh have it do not have enough room in there tank, they queried whether it would get along with my Discus's. Do you have any idea whether they would have confict?

cheers

Monique

In regards to plecs sucking the slime off discus - I'm beginning to wonder if this is a bit of an urban myth - admittedly I've never kept a common pleco with a discus but I haven't had any problems with ancistrus, clown plecos or brazilian butterfly plecos with discus. The only algae eater I've ever seen latch onto the side of a discus is otocinclus which I find really amusing as they're the ones that normally get recommended for discus tanks.

I can think of other reasons for not keeping a common pleco with discus though - distruction of any aquascaping and plants, tendancy to blunder about a tank disrupting other inhabitants etc.