Killie tank size

HandS

i got mine from my mothers garage :roll: , but im sure wok is right, most hardware stores should have them.

Alan, i just marked it all out with a vivid, i used 3 dots for each peace to line up, it was a bit messy, sliding silicon all about but got it in the end, then used one of the 90o clamps to hold in place.

i will try to get some pics of the lids, and the mod's i made for the airline

• 1 month later...

Time for a update

I got Helen 3 types of killies. Aphyosemion Stratum, Nothobranchius Korthausae "yellow" and Aphyosemion Gardneri "blue" (got to learn how to say them :oops: )

Tonight we collected our first gardneri egg and found a few eggs in the peet that was in with the notho's so we bagged that up too :bounce: just got to look into how long to incubate the eggs for.

The stratum pair have been separated since i got them (advised from aquanut) and it is getting Very tempting to put them togeather with a mop.

Any advice or tips on the fish we have would be appreciated

Gidday mate. Id throw thoughs striatum's together for a week at a time now with a spawning mop or two and check for eggs daily. Seperate them for a following week etc etc. Next time you are over this way I'll show you my notho breeding setup. Basically just put a hole about the size of a milk bottle top in a margerine lid and fill the pot with boiled and washed peat. Dont worry about peat spilling into the tank as it will also be laid in. I add a polished stone, preferably greenstone, to weigh the pot down. Let the fish spawn for two weeks and then squeeze the peat in a net. Use the force that you would use to throttle/spank your kids.... ooops, cant say that anymore.... Ok just make sure the peat is really damp. bag it up and store it at around 25 deg c for 3 months. Im finding the gardneri blues really hard to spawn in the sense that the eggs keep fungasing up. I have doubled the amount of meth blue they are incubating in ( 2drops per 500ml) and keeping them in a darker space.

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tim

Now have striatum eggs and gardneri eggs, they are in seprate containers that are labeled. Would it be ok for the containers to be sealed? and how long should it take for the eggs to hatch @26oC

Thanks for all the help :hail:

Its probably ok to seal the containers but why? and it will take between 10-15 days for those eggs to hatch out. Remember to take out fungused eggs as soon as you see them on a daily basis. Im also assuming you have the eggs in a diluted meth blue solution (1 drop to 500ml of tank water)?

Good luck and keep me up to date.

Cheers

Tim