any africans suitable ???

snookie

A nice pair of Brichardi would go well, and eventually when they spawn, they raise their young and it becomes a community.. mine have just done this, and I am going to leave them to raise their fry, will be amazing to watch them through the progress, they seem like excellent parents so far. My guys are in a big enough tank so will be able to keep the whole clan :lol: These little Tangs are definately underated in my opinion.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/n_brichardi.php

I have some young adults if you are ever after a pair.

Males have longer fin extension and I have found the males are larger than females.

Umm nothing really comes to mind snookie with what's available and anything that will stay small enough for that size tank. Most Africans need space for territory, if you are going to be keeping a group of anything..

For example the Malawi Ps. Demasoni... they are a small Pseudo but because they are territorial and rather aggressive you have to keep a decent number and they need a reasonable size tank because of territory issues. They are a very nice fish however :D

That's generally the rule anyway 8)

JMHO :D

I have heard (on cichlid forum) of people keeping 12 demasoni in a 2ft tank and had them breeding etc, they even reckoned it curbed the aggression by having a lack of space...

Yeah Bricardi or Pulchers would be ok I guess I think Billaney's tank with the lelupi wouldn't be much bigger than 2 ft would it?

I have read alot of conflicting overseas info stating they need a good sized tank, I wouldn't dream of putting 12 of mine in a 2 foot tank, prior to the 18 we have now, I had a fair few in a just over 2ft tank, and rather a few got cleaned up.

A nice pair of Lelu would go nice.. they are another fish that is underated :lol:

I think alot of things come down to trial and error, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

On cichlid forums snookie there are people that have 10 or so Dems in a 29 Gallon tank (roughly 110 litres) However they are juvs at this stage.. so hopefully as they mature they will stay settled. Time will tell :D What are the dimensions of you tank? Litres?

Sorry no Coke snookie :wink: :lol:

Here is a link for shell dwellers:

http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/shellweb/shell_species.htm