Hi all

jewelz

Well I have been procrastinating looong enough. I have been lurking in the background for some months now browsing the forums with every intention of introducing myself but this site is so interesting and informative that I kinda get caught up and forget why I logged on in the first place. :oops:

Anyway I have been quietly breeding many different species of fish over the years and have been pasionate about cichlids for the past 3-4 years.

Currently running seven tanks ranging from 60 to 800 ltrs, most of which house african cihlids. Ive told myself NO MORE TANKS... after I get just 2 more tanks cause theres a couple more cichlid species I want and then theres the tanginikin tank...

Thanks everyone. I had thought I was the only 'fish crazed' person out there but it seems I'm not alone after all..(at last proof for the family) :roll:

Mystic Vampire-your angel is quite happy chasing round guppy fry at the moment.

BlueandKim-aae1 is just down the line and he has some mighty fine looking stock. I have sourced good breeding lines from him in the past. :bounce:

Smidey :D

Afrikan - I'm sure you can offer me a wealth of knowledge :hail:

Ryan - Hi What started off as a logistical nightmare when you moved down here ended up pretty sweet in the end. Yes I plan to be there this weekend. Cant wait to see your fish in their own home. By the way your female lithiobate is full of eggs and is driving my male insane but she still wants to do it on her own!!

Would love to see some pics of your fish sometime Jewelz, what species do you keep? :D

Would be happy to help out anytime with fish etc down the track, have a few bits and pieces here that I am breeding currently.

And if you want wealth of knowledge.. herefishiefishie is the man to ask ;) :lol: The kiwi transformed Ozzie :P :lol:

I'd love to be able to get some decent pics of my fish sometime!! Trouble is they see me coming a mile off and all I end up with is a broiling blur. Most frustrating.

I've got the usual. Electric yellows, kadango's, S. fryeri, Otopharynx lithobates, Cyrtocara moorii, lumpheads, Demasoni, ice blues,

OB peacocks (babies) stuartgranti maleri female both of which were showing signs of breeding then he up and died on me :cry:

I'm sure I've forgotten some but thats about it. ooh then theres the livebearers.

Speaking of which I need to go do a couple of water changes now.