I want kuhli loaches!! Educate Me!! :D

Gatito

I didn't realise that kuhli loaches were those awesome busy little wormy-looking things!!!! What should i know if i'm thinking of getting some? Eg: how many should i get, how big do they get, how much space do they need, do they have any special requirements, etc?

I have lace gourami, bettas, rosy tetras, clown loaches, BN's, a small red-spot pleco, and will soon have mollies :wink: and kribs. Will the kuhli clash with any of these?

Lol whenever i went in to the shop i always went to visit them but never asked anyone - i thought they were some kind of eel!! Haha....

Thanks guys!!! :bounce:

I had a group of 8 and what busy little beavers they were at feed time, they don't need a huge tank.. they do prefer softer substrate tho as they are burrowers... They often come out at night to feed, however, mine used to come out with lights dimmed on the tank... They are fantastic, would never overlook them! :D

I've found that they are quite peaceful and keep to themselves :) But if you spook them or turn the lights on suddenly they go crazy!! Bouncing off the walls and stirring up the other fish - don't reccomend doing that! Very charming little fish though...

Mel :)

They were in a smaller tank with nothing to hide in except the fine gravel, but didn't seem happy, so i put them in the community tank. They sat in a corner for a few hours then disappeared. Haven't seen them since...

But then, i have a big bit of wood in the middle of tank, so they could be frolicking away for all i know - just not at the front of the tank :lol:

Hey scuba sam - they do like swimming in current, so i'm told. But more likely that he went up the intake tube - they can squeeze through the grill that stops debris getting sucked up. You need to put something like foam over it to stoip them getting through - i used netting from an old fish net, held over it with a rubber band until i can get my a$$ into gear and tie it on.

Hope that helps