Can i use these plants in my tank?

Mr Blue Ram

hey people,

I have these plants in my pond that i would'nt mind in my tank, i seached on google and couldn't find anything about them. Does anyone know what these are and would they suitable for my tank? The tank sits on about 27 degree's, i would soak them in potassium permanganate

Plants are so pricy for small amounts so i figured why not use these as i have heaps and they look quite good!

DSC02196.jpg

Thanks for the reply quack,

Thats just what i needed to hear! Does the hydrophila in your discus tank have red roots? you can see the red in the photo (i should have took a pic of a well rooted plant) Since i dont have much else to do i will take another photo just to make sure lol

DSC02197.jpg

The usual confusion is between E. tenellus and Sag and the easiest way then is by the flower. It may be a microsword but I am guessing it is Sag. The cell structure in the leaf of Sag is large and can usually be clearly seen. I have some at the moment I am trying to identify but it is not easy sometimes. They look quite different emersed to submersed and some throw runners but wont flower. I thought lileopsis would be taller and have a thinner leaf but they can all be different depending on the growing conditions.

I just harvested the plants out of the pond, atm they're in patassuim permangnate waiting to be planted in my tank. The stem plant does'nt seem to look like the Ludwigia repens i have in my tank, maybe because of the different growing conditions? they both look very similar only the leaves are a slightly different shape. Anyway i will see how it goes in the tank.

Thanks for the help alanmin4304 and quack